Class 1 Shunter Driver
We are currently looking for an on going Class 1 shunter driver to work with one of our clients, who is the UK’s most sustainable parcel delivery company based in Ecclesfield.
As a class 1 driver, you would be driving one of our clients Class 1 vehicles and you will be shunting trailers around the yard.
- Hours of work 15:00 – 20:00 – Tuesday to Friday
- Assignment rate between £11.25 and £14.12 per hour (dependent on engagement models, some of which are processed via third party providers)
- Ongoing regular work and will potentially turn permanent for the right candidate.
As a competent Class 1 driver, you will have the relevant CE licence along with full Driver CPC and digi tacho card, plus:
- No more than 6 points on your licence for minor offences
- An understanding of drivers’ hours and regs
What we do for you:
- Driver Hire Doncaster is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
- We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Doncaster and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
- If you feel you fit the criteria for this position or would like to learn more about some of the other roles we’re recruiting for, get in touch. Send your details by clicking apply or give the driving team a call on 01302 639881 for more information.