Due to continued growth Driver Hire Northampton are currently looking for an experienced HGV1 Driver for a well know flooring company based in Northampton
Contract Type: Temporary, Permanent, Full Time
You will be responsible for the bulk movement of stock between Warehouses and Depots. Occasionally you may be needed to drive other vehicles and complete deliveries to trade outlets or on very rare occasions customers’ homes. You will need to provide a high standard of customer service to internal or external customers at all times.
This role is temp-perm for the right candidate.
- To complete a Daily Vehicle Check to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and all checks are in line with the ‘Daily Vehicle Check’ procedure. All vehicle defects must be reported immediately in line with the ‘Defect’ procedure
- There is an element of self maintenance of the vehicles, such as bulbs, fuses and lubricants which form part of your Daily Vehicle Check.
- To ensure all products are loaded safely onto the vehicle.
- All legislation and paperwork concerning the vehicle’s Tachograph (Digi or Manual) is complied with.
- All vehicles are to be kept in a clean and presentable condition, both internally and externally any problem, accidental damage etc, should be reported immediately to the Transport team.
- Assist with loading or unloading of Company vehicles as and when required, some handballing will be required.
- Communicate any complaints or comments made by the customer and report any underlying reason where known.
As a competent and experienced HGV 1 Driver, you will have a UK Cat C+E driver licence along with;
- Digital tacho card and full CPC
- No more than 6 points for minor offences
- An understanding of driver hours and regulations
- Polite, Courteous, Respectful and Helpful
- Basic FLT experience (but not essential as full training will be given)
Hours and Pay:
- Sunday-Thursday with a start time of 7/8pm
- Basic 45 Hours per week
- £15.17 PAYE
- £17.00 PAYE ADV
Benefits Once Permanent:
- Attractive Salary – £36,720 paid hourly at £15.50 with potential for overtime
- 5% Pension Contribution from company
- 28 days holiday
- Maternity & Paternity package – 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Company Loyalty Scheme
- Other benefits such as Bike 2 Work schemes also available
- Discounts on major retailers
- 25% discount on products including friends and family
- Annual company gathering
- Opportunities for career progression
If you would like more information on this role please call 01604 670199 or send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call when office hours are open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Northampton is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Northampton and surrounding areas but it’s more than just an agency job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.