Class 1 Driver
We are currently looking for a Class 1 driver to work with one of our clients, who is the UK’s leading independent corrugated packaging producer based in Doncaster.
As a class 1 driver, you would be driving one of our clients Class 1 vehicles. The majority of the workload is delivered during the day, so we are initially looking for someone who can cover shifts that would start at approximately 05.00, however there may be a need for night cover so if its nights you’re looking for please also get in touch. Day runs are normally 2-3 deliveries within the UK. Each load would normally carry up to 40 pallets of sheet cardboard. Majority of the time the vehicle is unloaded by site however on occasions some unloading may be needed to be carried out by the driver.
- Shifts start between 05.00
- Assignment rate between 11.25 and £14.44 per hour (dependent on engagement models, some of which are processed via third party providers)
- Some weekend and Bank Holiday shifts available at enhanced pay rates
As a competent van driver, you will have the relevant CE licence along with full Driver CPC and digi tacho card, plus:
- No more than 6 points on your licence for minor offences
- An understanding of drivers’ hours and regs
What we do for you:
- Driver Hire Doncaster is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
- We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Doncaster and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
- If you feel you fit the criteria for this position or would like to learn more about some of the other roles we’re recruiting for, get in touch. Send your details by clicking apply or give a Laura call on 01302 639881for more information.