Looking for a something a bit more relaxed? Want to travel the whole of the country? We are currently looking to take on tramper drivers – weeks away and back home on the weekend. No handballing! On target earnings of between £500 – £700 per week.
About the job.
- Pay is between £10.00 to £12.00 per hour but with realistic on-target earnings of £500 – £700 per week, overtime & night’s out (paid at £26.20 per night).
- PAYE. (Internal payroll – we don’t use umbrella companies!)
- Pension contribution & holiday accrual.
- Weekly pay.
- Discounted CPC.
- Delivering all over the United Kingdom.
- Part time and full time positions available, with lots of temp to perm opportunities available throughout the year.
- A full and valid Category C+E (Class 1) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Although previous experience is beneficial, training will also be provided for the right candidate. If you are new to this type of driving then we can provide you with the vital commercial experience required when looking for a full time job.
- The ability to lift and carry fairly heavy items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of the jobs. Having said that, most of your load would be forklifted on and off your vehicle.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Meg on 01752842888 for more information.
We now do HIAB training! We are currently looking for candidates to upskill for various HIAB work!
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing delivery driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth), Victoria (near Bodmin) and Buckfastleigh (near Newton Abbot). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.