Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are looking to recruit reliable, flexible and hard working experienced Class 1 (C+E) drivers to support our client on a temporary basis as they enter their peak trading period.
Our client is one of the largest privately owned Transport companies in the United Kingdom with various locations. They are now fast approaching their busiest period of trading in the year and require extra support for Day & Night drivers to trunk products to RDC’s throughout England & Wales. All vehicles will have a temperature controlled trailer for chilled & frozen products.
We can help you with Full Time shifts or Temporary working, to suit your availability.
Key responsibilities / duties of a Class 1 Driver:
- Delivering bulk products (fruit juice, chilled & frozen food) to distribution centres across England & Wales.
- Accurate completion of all daily paperwork.
- To drive & work within the legal requirements of all transport legislated requirements.
- Ensure the vehicle is driven safely at all times and being observant to other road users.
- To operate and monitor the temperatures of the trailer so that products are delivered in prime condition.
As an experienced Class 1 C+E driver, you will have:
- A valid C+E UK licence, held for 2 years.
- Up to date CPC driver qualification card.
- A valid Digital tachograph card.
- No more than 3 points for minor offences. (Speeding).
- To be able to demonstrate an accident free history.
- Good admin skills to complete all paperwork involved.
- To be able to demonstrate experience in operating temperature controlled units.
Hours of Work / Pay:
- Day and Night shifts available with start times from 06.00 hrs – 07.00 hrs days & 18.00 hrs to 20.00 hrs nights
- Pay rates start from £12.00 per hour Days, supplements paid for overtime & weekend work.
- Night shifts paid at £15.00 per hour.
- Wages paid weekly (PAYE) .
- Holiday accrued & paid (Pro rata).
- Pension after qualifying period.
To Apply, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register