Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are seeking to recruit Class 1 / C+E driver / Night loader for our client based in Langport, Somerset. Our client is a family owned business with bases across the UK, supplying animal feed to the beef, dairy, sheep and poultry market. As a key leader in the specialist feed field, our client works with their customers to deliver a nutritional feed to produce the best quality of products.
Due to successful trading an opportunity has arisen for a Class 1/C+E driver / Night loader to join the team based in Langport, Somerset.
Each shift will start at 14.00 hrs and end at 22.00 hrs. The first part of the shift you will be required to do some local deliveries to farms on your return you will then load each vehicle with animal feed ready for delivery next morning.
Reporting to the Site Manager, as a Class 1 driver / Night loader you will be responsible for:
- Accurate delivery of animal feed using the blower into hoppers on farm sites
- That all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to whilst on farms
- The vehicles are driven in a safe manner and in line with all Transport related legislation to include Driver hours, tacho rules & RTD
- Completion of all Proof of Delivery documents
- Vehicle checks being carried out on a daily basis, with any defects reported to the Site Manager
- Loading the vehicles of correct feed and park up ready for departing the next day
As a professional driver, you will have:
- A valid UK C+E driving licence, ideally clean or with no more than 3 penalty points for minor offences
- An up to date CPC driver qualification card & digital tachograph card
- Operated a blower, although not essential as training can be provided
- A background in delivering to farms is desirable
Hours of work & Wages:
- Working week – Monday to Friday to include alternate Saturday
- Hours of work – 14.00 hrs to 22.00 hrs
- Starting salary £30k per annum
- Pension contributions from the first day
- 28 days holiday per annum
- Free car parking
This role has an immediate start with the company.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01823 332100 for further details