Our customer is the leading supplier of gas in the UK and is looking for 5 experienced & professional Cat C+E Drivers to join their team on a temporary basis. This is an exciting company to work for, which provides a supportive and inclusive working environment.
They are renowned for their industry expertise and whilst representing the company as one of their respected ADR Drivers, you will be highly committed to providing their customers with friendly and engaging service, whilst delivering products in an efficient, safe and professional manner. Note that full training and PPE will be provided by the client.
- Whilst demonstrating a high level of safety awareness at all times, you will deliver products in an efficient and professional manner, whilst operating to acceptable customer service standards.
- Operate within the law and in accordance with company policies, procedures and instructions at all times. This includes co-operating fully with the client to fulfil the legal obligations and develop their positive safety culture by taking care of your own Health & Safety, and that of anyone affected by your actions.
- Provide accurate written and numerical information as necessary when completing company documentation, including vehicle defect forms.
- Report all vehicle, tank, customer, third party and personal injuries or damage to line management.
- Carry out additional tasks that in the judgement of management are within the job holder’s capabilities and are required to meet the needs of the business.
You will have a current HGV Category C+E (Class 1) driving licence, along with a current ADR certification (tanks) plus;
- An awareness of the major risks to ensure compliance with safety procedures (which apply on all sites to avoid safety incidents)
- An understanding of tachographs and driver hour’s legislation
- Be customer focused – you will have a flexible approach to your hours of work and be prepared to work weekends and public holidays as required to meet the needs of the business
- Be able to provide pre-employment checks including address and employment history, driving licence verification
- Be medically fit to work
- Agree to undergo CRB and Financial Sanctions check
Hours and Pay
Work when required to meet business and customer service requirements, as directed by line management and in accordance with working rotas and drivers’ hours regulations. These rotas will be scheduled across any 24 hour period with staggered shift start times and a 7 day period.
These roles will typically be 12 hour shifts, running from 16:00 up until 04.00 Monday – Friday.
Your basic rate of pay will be £12.38 with overtime of £18.57 paid after 8 hours.
For each shift worked between 22:00 and 04:00, you will receive a shift premium of £18.75.
If you would be interested in this role please apply online, by emailing an up to date CV or by calling 01642 300089.