Class 1 – Cat CE Driver Nights
Our client is the largest water and wastewater company in England and Wales. The region includes water and water recycling centres (sewage treatment works), reservoirs and networks stretching from the Humber in the north to the Thames in the south, from Northampton in the west across to the east coast. They provide water services to over 6 million customers.
Our client operates a fleet of class 1 tankers, operating 7 days per week. The role involves the collection of liquid sludge from source works and delivery to nominated treatment centres. The driving role requires some manual handling and use of a vacuum hose, training provided. Drivers will need to be physically fit, comfortable working alone in isolated locations and be comfortable working with sludge type materials.
Driver Hire are currently recruiting for HGV Class 1 Night Drivers for Cambridge area. You would be working locally, tankering sewage collection, full training to be provided over a 2-3 week period (if required) with pay. This would be ongoing night work with the possibility of going permanent if you are the right candidate. Typical shift times ranging from 18:00 to 03:00.
- HGV Class 1 Licence and up to date CPC
- Experience driving a HGV Class 1 vehicle
- Trustworthy, reliable and flexible working mindset
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- You might be asked to work any night of the week including weekends up to 4 nights a week
Rates of pay:
- Monday to Sunday: £18.98 PAYE
- £15 bonus per shift worked, capped at £300 / month
- Your rota will be provided by our client one week ahead.