Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are looking to recruit experienced night drivers Monday to Friday or Tramper Drivers (Nights out, Monday to Friday) for our client based in Highbridge, Somerset.
Our client is a leading National family run business with outlets in various parts of the United Kingdom and are looking for drivers to carryout Night trunk runs to Regional Distribution Centres, unload and return to Highbridge. Alternatively they are looking for Tramper drivers to leave Monday am and return Friday pm.
- To drive in accordance with all transport legislation
- Complete all daily paperwork
- Carryout daily vehicle checks and report any defects to the duty manager
- To park up at the end of each shift in a safe, secure location whilst on Tramping duties
- Communicate with the staff in the traffic office on a daily basis
As an experienced C+E driver, you will have:
- A current & valid UK, C+E licence
- Hold a valid Driver CPC qualification and Digital tachograph card
- Have no more than 6 penalty points for minor offences such as Speeding etc
- For insurances purposes only no: DR, DD or IN offences will be allowed
- Be available to work nights from 18.00 hrs
- If applying for Tramping duties you must be available to work away from home, Monday to Friday
Pay rates & Hours of Work:
- Hourly pay rates start from £12.00 for night work starting from 18.00 hrs, Monday to Friday (All hours worked)
- Day rates for Tramping start from £11.00 per hour with overtime paid after 48.00 hrs at £13.75 per hour
- For Nights out an allowance of £22.50 per night is paid in expenses
- All wages are paid via our own payroll (PAYE)
- Wages paid on a weekly basis
- Holiday accrued from first shift
- Pension contributions paid after qualifying period
The 2 roles advertised have both have an immediate start and are ongoing throughout our clients busy trading period.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register