Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater have an exciting opportunity for an experienced C+E driver to work with our client based from Chard, Somerset. Our client is part of a successful Pallet Distribution Network delivering to sites in Somerset, Devon & Dorset. We are seeking to recruit a Class 1 driver to support them on nights with the trunking of palletised goods to and from the Hub based in the Midlands.
This role is based on a Temporary basis to cover their busy trading periods, holidays and sickness cover.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Safe driving of the vehicle & double deck trailer to the hub inline with transport regulations and Highway code rules
- To carryout vehicle safety checks prior to departing the depot each night and report any found defects to the Duty Manager
- Ensure that all legislation relating to the transport industry is adhered to which includes, Transport Working Time, Driver’s hours and Tachograph rules
- Good communication with the depot during the shift reporting any issues that arise
- To complete and hand all paperwork related to the shift along with downloading tachograph card at the end of the shift
As an experienced C+E Driver, you must have:
- A valid C+E, UK driving licence
- An up to date Driver CPC Qualification Card & Digital tachogrpah card
- To be able to demonstrate experience in towing a Double deck, rear steer trailer
- Able to work nights
Hours of work & pay:
- Start times are from 18.00 hrs to 20.00 hrs, Monday to Friday
- The length of each shift is between 10 / 12 hours
- Pay rates are from £14.37 per hour – All deductions for Tax & National Insurance are done through our own payroll (PAYE)
- Wages are paid weekly direct into your bank
- Holiday pay is accrued from the first shift (Pro rata)
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register.