Driver Hire is recruiting on behalf of a family owned Removals Company based in Normandy (near Aldershot). They are looking for a Cat C1 (7.5t) driver to start as soon as possible. To assist with a new large contact they have just won. This is the UK’s largest family owned Removal Company with over 20 branches across the UK, and Europe, offering removals services incorporating all aspects of moving house, business relocation, international shipping and secure storage. This is a permanent role after a short temp to perm period. Excellent rates of pay and benefits. In addition, there is the chance of being upskilled as a Class 2 lorry driver for the right candidate.
***** HOURS, PAY AND BENEFITS *****
- £8.75 per hour to start, then £9.50 per hour (PAYE) after a short temp to perm period
- Accrued holiday money
- 45 hour week after temp to perm period
- Monday – Friday
- 7.30am Start
- Training could be available after 1 year for HGV licence
***** RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CAT B VAN DRIVER *****
- Work in teams of 2 or 3 to carry out home or business removals / relocations.
- Be polite and friendly to all customers, staff and road users remembering customer service is key when entering people’s homes or businesses.
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Adhere to tacho rules and regs.
***** REQUIREMENTS OF THE CAT B VAN DRIVER *****
- Full UK driving licence with cat C1 entitlement
- CPC and digi tacho cards
- Verifiable work references
- Max 3 minor penalty points
- Willingness to drive and assist with manual handling
***** TO APPLY *****
Call Phill, Chris or Richard on 01252 233000
Or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest supplier of drivers within the logistics industry and pride ourselves on helping our candidates find the right job for them. In a recent survey, 91% of candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire.