HGV Class 2 Cat C HIAB Driver. Full Time or Part Time.
Driver Hire Guildford is recruiting for a Class 2 HIAB Driver to join our team. You will work for the agency on a full time, permanent basis but go out on assignment to a range of builders’ merchants, roofing companies and other clients of ours.
The role involves delivering a vast range of products to houses and construction sites using either a hook or a brick grab. Often with a remote control.
You may, on occasion, also be asked to drive a 7.5t vehicle or even a van instead. But you will still receive a guaranteed minimum weekly wage.
It will be an interesting and varied role. No two weeks will be the same.
*** HOURS AND PAY ***
- £11 per hour PAYE for HIAB work
- Plus £1.32 per hour accrued holiday money
- Minimum £425 gross per week (if driving other classes of vehicle) for a five day week
- Most work is Monday to Friday. There may be occasional Saturdays
- Work could be anywhere in the GU postcode.
- We are prepared to be flexible and work with you if you actually want to work reduced hours. Perhaps you are nearing retirement and want to start winding down?
*** RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HGV CLASS 2, CAT C HIAB DRIVER ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Deliveries across London and SE England
- Interact with the staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver a range of roofing and construction materials
- Adhere to all tacho and drivers’ hours regulations
- Be flexible and happy to drive Class 2, 7.5t or even a van.
*** REQUIREMENTS OF THE HGV CLASS 2 CAT C HIAB DRIVER ***
- Cat C licence
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- HIAB card with hook, grab and remote
- Verifiable references
*** TO APPLY ***
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist recruitment supplier to the transport industry. To apply for this post or to find out more about other opportunities we offer please contact:
- Phill, Chris or Richard on 01252 233000
- Or Email your CV to: Guildford@Driverhire.co.uk