Driver Hire is recruiting for an HGV Class 2, Cat C Driver for a builders merchant in Farnborough. The work can be physically demanding, but is quite straightforward.
The ideal candidate will be willing to be trained up as a HIAB operator.
Initially, before HIAB training, you will be working as half of a team of two driving the 7.5t vehicle.
You will be delivering to small construction sites, businesses and private houses. Products may be bricks, fence panels, chipboard, plaster board and so on.
This is an on-going role, with the expectation that it will become permanent once the pandemic is over and business stabilised.
Newly qualified HGV Cat C and C1 drivers are also invited to apply.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay ****
- £10.50 per hour initially. Then £12 when HIAB trained.
- Plus 4 weeks paid holidays
- Monday to Friday
- 7am to 3pm
- Alternate Saturdays
*** Responsibilities of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Interact with the staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver goods by hand or using a hand cart
- Operate the Tail lift
- Some hand balling will also be necessary
- Deliver a range of building materials, wood and garden supplies
- Follow all Driver’s Hours and Tacho regulations
**** Requirements of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Cat C entitlement
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- Verifiable references
- Max 3 minor penalty points
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.