Driver Hire is recruiting for a Cat C Driver (HGV Class 2 Driver). Our client is based in Farnborough. They specialise in packing up, relocating and then setting up computer racks for data centres.
They are seeking an HGV driver to join the growing team. The ideal candidate will have an eye for detail, an appetite for learning new skills and will have strong communication and customer service skills.
They will even consider newly qualified drivers if you have the right attitude and experience.
Most days you will even have a driver’s mate assigned to you to help with the moves.
You need to be physically fit because there is some hand-balling involved, and use of pump trucks to move pallets of racking.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- £32,000 per annum
- Plus 28 days holiday
- Monday to Friday
- Typically 7.30am start
- Salary based on 50 hours work per week
**** Responsibilities of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Driving and operating any of the fleet of vehicles
- Daily walk round checks
- Delivering new equipment to Data Centres and office locations, mostly in the South East, but potentially across the UK
- Opportunity to occasionally drive into Europe
- Operating specialist equipment for ‘white-glove’ requirements – such as tipping trolleys, stair walkers and specialist IT lifting equipment
- Supporting our warehouse teams with loading and unloading as well as the upkeep of vehicles (vehicle checks and so on)
- Installing and removing server equipment from data centre environments
- Adhere to all drivers’ hours and tacho regulations
**** Requirements of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- UK licence with Cat C entitlement
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- Verifiable references
- Max 6 minor penalty points
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard or Phill on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.
- We also have both regular and occasional work in Camberley, Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Woking and Godalming for drivers who have HGV Class 1, HGV Class 2, Cat CE, Cat C, Cat C1, 7.5t, van and car experience.