Driver Hire is recruiting for an experienced Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver on behalf of one of the largest plumbing supplies wholesalers in the UK. Based in Camberley, this is a Full Time, Permanent job. Typically around 15 drops a day across the South.
You will be paid as a Class 2 driver, but may actually be driving a 7.5t vehicle on a regular basis. Use the pump truck and tail lift to deliver boilers, radiators, copper pipe and assorted plumbing supplies. Lots of hand-balling as well. You need to be physically fit.
As a company they take pride in offering independent merchants and retailers a one-stop shop, next day delivery service solution to support their business. They guarantee their customers the widest range of products, the best delivery service and daily deliveries.
**** Hours, Pay and Benefits ****
- £24,000 per annum
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme enrolment
- Monday to Friday
- 6am start (job and finish)
- Assigned vehicle
**** Responsibilities of the HGV Class 2, Cat C Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Load your vehicle
- Interact with the staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver products in a timely manner on the allocated daily route
- Complete delivery paperwork
- Use the pump truck and tail lift safely
- Adhere to all Drivers Hours and Tacho regulations
**** Requirements of the HGV Class 2, Cat C Driver ****
- Full UK driving licence with Cat C entitlement
- CPC card and Digi tacho card
- Verifiable work references
- Minimum of 6 months commercial delivery experience
**** To Apply ****
- Call Phill, Richard or Chris on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist recruitment supplier to the transport industry. Call us today to apply for this post or to find out more about the many other opportunities we have.