An excellent opportunity has arisen for a ongoing Cat C, HGV Class 2 driving position with a customer of ours near Alton, Hampshire who supply solid fuels (wood and coal).
The role will consist of delivering solid fuel items such as coal and briquettes across the area in Cat C vehicle. Domestic deliveries as well as shops and garage forecourts. This company is actually the UK’s largest supplier of coal and the largest producer of Briquettes in Europe. It is physical work, but consistent and regular.
Newly qualified Cat C drivers are also invited to apply. Great experience and potentially a marvellous way to enter the driving industry.
We can also be very flexible if you cannot work a full 5 day week every week. Just talk to us about the alternatives.
*** Hours, Pay and Benefits ***
- Monday to Friday
- Usually 6am start
- 40 hrs per week
- £13.50 per hour (plus 28 day paid holiday)
- Some overtime available
*** Responsibilities of the Cat C Driver, HGV Class 2 Driver ***
- Deliver products in a timely, safe and efficient manner
- Adhere to all current legislations (Driving Hours, Tacho regulations)
- Be reliable, friendly and polite to all customers, clients and other road users
- Perform daily vehicle and load inspection checks
- Hand ball bags of solid fuel both on to and off the vehicle
*** Requirements of the Cat C Driver, HGV Class 2 Driver ***
- UK driving licence with Cat C entitlement
- CPC Card
- Digi Tacho Card
- Verifiable work references
*** To Apply ***
- Call Phill, Chris, Cheryl or Richard on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to email@example.com
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest provider of specialist recruitment services to the logistics industry, with over 100 offices nationwide we pride ourselves on our candidate satisfaction and in a recent survey 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work with Driver Hire. Every year we place 1000s of drivers into new roles, both permanent and temporary.