Driver Hire Daventry are currently looking for an experienced Class 2 driver on a temp-perm basis for a well established building merchants based in Southam
You will be required to deliver building materials to domestic customers.
Shifts & Pay
Monday-Friday with a start time 7.30am-4.30pm
You will also be required to work every other Saturday with a start time of 8am-12pm
£10.50 per hour PAYE
(Other pay methods are available)
- Full class 2 driving license with at least 2 years experience
- Up-to-date CPC & Tacho with no more than 6 points
- Must be polite and well presented, with a positive attitude towards customer service.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- The personal skills to maintain excellent working relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Must be safety conscious and have the ability to stay calm and positive.
- Possess the ability to take the initiative and use common sense.
- Have a good knowledge of the local area.
- Good communication skills with face-to-face customer service experience.
- Be methodical with good attention to detail.
- Forklift license preferred.
- Previous experience in a builder’s merchant, retail &/or warehouse environment preferred.
- Reasonable degree of physical fitness required for the role as it involves some manual handling.
- An up-to-date Hiab certificate is preferred.
- Carrying out multi-drop deliveries safely, efficiently, and compliant with road traffic law.
- Making sure loads are safe, secure and within legal weight limits.
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks and hand in to your line manager.
- Loading your own vehicle when required.
- Abide by all Health & Safety policies and adhere to company procedures at all times.
- Representing the company in a professional and courteous manner, conducting yourself in a safe, helpful, and friendly way when out on the road.
- Passing any relevant information back to the sales team on building work being carried out in the area, to assist in the continued growth of the business.
- Encourage feedback from the customers and discuss that feedback with the team. Suggest any areas you feel the service can be improved.
- Contribute and share any ideas with the team to help move the branch forward.
- Carry out general yard/warehouse duties at the managements request, to help always provide high customer service levels and a safe working environment.
- You may be required to offer cover driver duties at other branches at times.
If this role sounds perfect for you or you would like more information then please call 01604 670199 or send your cv to email@example.com
Please note office opening hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Our team are important to us, so we regularly benchmark ourselves against our competitors. In a recent driver survey, 94% stated they are ‘proud’ or ‘very proud’ to work for Driver Hire.
We are currently ranked 43rd in the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for medium-sized companies, and the current bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year GOLD Winner.