Driver Hire is recruiting for an HGV Class 2, Cat C Driver for a builders’ merchant in Farnborough. The work can be physically demanding, but is quite straightforward.
The ideal candidate will be willing to be trained up as a HIAB operator.
Initially, before HIAB training, you will be working with a mate, driving the 10t vehicle.
You will be delivering to small construction sites, businesses and private houses. Products may be bricks, fence panels, chipboard, plaster board and so on.
This is an on-going role, with the expectation that it will become permanent once the Covid pandemic is over and business stabilised.
Newly qualified HGV Class 2, Cat C drivers are also invited to apply.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay ****
- £11 per hour initially. Then £12 when HIAB trained
- Plus 4 weeks paid holidays
- Monday to Friday
- 7am to 3pm
- Alternate Saturdays
*** Responsibilities of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Ensure your load is safely strapped
- Deliver a range of building materials, wood and garden supplies
- Deliver goods by hand or using a hand cart
- Operate the Tail lift
- Some hand balling will also be necessary
- Follow all Driver’s Hours and Tacho regulations
- Interact with the staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Learn to use the HIAB
**** Requirements of the Cat C, HGV Class 2 Driver ****
- Cat C entitlement
- CPC card
- Digi tacho card
- Verifiable references
- Max 3 minor penalty points
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard or Phill on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide. We also have both regular and occasional work in Camberley, Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Woking and Godalming for drivers who have HGV Class 1, HGV Class 2, Cat CE, Cat C, Cat C1, 7.5t, and van experience.