Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are looking to recruit an experienced Cat C / Class 2 driver to support our client who has just reopened the depot in Somerton, Somerset. Our client is a leading supplier of temporary fencing panels, pedestrian barriers and site hoarding panels to sites throughout the South West.
This role is Temporary to cover busy trading, holiday and sickness periods.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Safe delivery of products to sites as per daily delivery instructions
- All daily paperwork is completed correctly and presented / handed into the Depot Manager at the end of each trip
- To ensure that each load is strapped and secure at all times whilst in transit
- That the vehicle is driven safely in accordance with Highway code rules
- To ensure that the vehicle is driven in line with Transport regulations to include Driver’s hours, tachograph rules and Transport working time directive
As a Class 2 / Cat C driver, you must have:
- A valid Cat C, UK Driving licence
- An up to date Driver Qualification (CPC) card and Digital tachograph card
- Previous HGV driving experience would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to lift and carry fairly heavy items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of the jobs.
Hours of work & Pay:
- Start times are from 08.00 hrs, Monday to Friday. Finishing 17.00 hrs
- Pay rates are from 10.50 per hour, to be reviewed in April 2021 – All deductions for Tax & National insurance are done through our in house payroll (PAYE)
- Overtime is paid after 8 hours each day at £13.12 per hour
- Wages paid weekly directly in to your bank
- Holiday pay accrued from your first shift (Pro rata)
To apply, send you CV to – email@example.com or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work throughout Somerset from our office based in Taunton . We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.