Driver Hire is working with a major supermarket chain, with a store in Aldershot, to provide Home Delivery Van Drivers. Shifts are very often on a weekend, with an afternoon start and working into the late evening.
You would be driving a large van, delivering groceries to private homes addresses. You would use the supermarket’s hand held terminal to confirm the delivery, process returns or rejected items.
There may be several day’s work in a week, or just one or two shifts. It is casual work, and may be just what you need to top up income from elsewhere.
You would also be guaranteed to work a minimum 8 hour shift.
Delivery experience is preferred. Van driving experience is definitely needed.
*** Benefits, Hours and Pay ***
- £9.41 per hour (PAYE) including holiday pay
- Minimum of 8 hours pay per day.
- Days available – weekends and week days
- Flexible working days to suit you. Choose your days off
- Start times are typically 3.30pm
*** Responsibilities of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Assist with loading your van
- Carry out deliveries in a professional and timely manner
- Be reliable, polite and friendly and remember good customer service is vital as you are the face of the company
- Be able to plan routes efficiently and have use of a proper Sat Nav
- Generally between 12 and 20 drops per day
- Be happy working on your own in the dark
*** Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- Full UK Cat B driving licence
- Have held your licence for over 1 year
- Previous delivery experience preferred
- Van driving experience necessary
- Verifiable work references
*** To Apply ***
- Call Phill, Chris or Richard on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to email@example.com
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest provider of specialist recruitment services to the logistics industry, with over 100 offices nationwide we pride ourselves on our candidate satisfaction and in a recent survey 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work with Driver Hire. Every year we place 1,000s of drivers into new roles, both permanent and temporary.