Charity shop collections and deliveries. Guildford. £10.09 per hour.
Driver Hire are looking to recruit a full time Van Driver for ongoing work on behalf of a local charity furniture shop. The role will consist of working in a team of 2 collecting donated furniture and bringing it back to the shop, delivering furniture purchased and also distributing bags of donated clothes between other shops in the area.
There will usually be around 12 collections a day of various household furniture items across the Guildford and surrounding areas. May be even as far south as Brighton. The role can be physically demanding as furniture of all shapes and sizes is being donated. You will need to be able to help carry it upstairs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for regular work as part of a friendly, hard working team. 5 or 6 days per week, depending on your availability.
**** Hours, Pay and Benefits ****
- £10.09 per hour (PAYE) including holiday money
- 8am start
- Minimum of 8 hours pay per day
- 5 or 6 days per week
- Work is Monday to Saturday
**** Responsibilities and Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Assess the quality of furniture being donated to ensure it meets quality standards for resale
- Be reliable, polite and professional as you will be entering private houses and be the face of the charity
- Assist with efficient route planning and navigation
- Load and unload the van
- Carry furniture into houses and flats
- Assist with changing shop layouts and furniture displays
- Follow all rules of the road
- Full UK driving licence (Cat B)
- Verifiable work references
**** To Apply ****
- Please call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Driver Hire is the UK’s largest provider of specialist recruitment services to the logistics industry, with over 100 offices nationwide we pride ourselves on our candidate satisfaction and in a recent survey 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work with Driver Hire. Every year we place 1000s of drivers into new roles, both permanent and temporary. Call us today to discuss work in HGVs, 7.5t or van driving.