Driver Hire is recruiting for a Cat B Van Driver and Branch Assistant for one of the largest plumbing supply companies in the UK. You will be delivering their products in a long wheel based van. The successful candidate will need to be physically fit as the products can be heavy, think 4 foot radiators! You will be just as comfortable customer facing within the branch serving on the trade counter, assisting customers over the telephone, getting deliveries ready, checking goods in and updating the computer records. So plenty of variety!
Friendly branch. Everyone helps each other to make sure the customers are looked after.
Previous driving experience is preferred.
**** Benefits, Hours And Pay of the Cat B Van Driver and Branch Assistant ****
- £22,500 per annum
- After an initial 3 month temp to perm period
- Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5pm
- Alternate Saturday mornings 8am to 12 noon.
- 28 days paid holiday
**** Responsibilities of the Cat B Van Driver and Branch Assistant ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Keep the van clean and tidy
- Assist with loading the vehicle
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Follow all rules of the road and safe working practices
- Drive a long wheel base, high top van
- Assist in the store when not on the road
**** Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver and Branch Assistant ****
- UK Cat B licence
- Verifiable references
- No more than 3 minor penalty points
- Delivery experience preferred, but not essential
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard, Chris, Ben or Cheryl on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide. Call us today about this vacancy, or to enquire about other permanent and temporary jobs.