Driver Hire Basingstoke are looking for experienced Class 1 Drivers to join them to enable us to provide the best service to our clients through the area that we cover, bordered by Hook, Basingstoke, Newbury and Thatcham.
Specific Responsibilities for each client will differ, and they will be discussed with you when we talk about any assignments that we have available, but some duties that are general are:
- You will be required to do multi drop & collection work daily across the geographical region of the depot
- You will be required to carry out manual handling/loading of these products
- You will also be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the vehicle.
- You must provide great customer service as you will be customer facing when carrying out these deliveries.
- You will work independently and unsupervised managing your routing to ensure planned collections are achieved whilst showing effective communication with the transport team.
- You will be expected to conduct daily safety checks on the vehicle and the equipment whilst following health and safety guidelines.
- Valid driver CPC qualification & digital tachograph card.
- If you are ADR or HIAB qualified, please indicate this on your CV.
- No More than 6 points for MINOR offences (No DD, DR or IN endorsements)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organisation skills
Hours, Pay and Benefit
- As a Class 2 driver, you’ll be working an average 40 hour per week, between Monday & Sunday, with varying start times depending on the assignment.
- £13.00 – £15.00 per hour – Mondays to Fridays (Dependent on Assignment)
- Enhanced Rates available at Weekends and Bank Holidays
- Rates are PAYE, inclusive of holiday pay, and paid on a weekly basis.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.
For further information, please contact us on 01256 585952