Are you looking for a varied position?
Do you want to work for an established company that can offer security?
Are you available immediately?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to speak with you!
Our client based in Chelmsford is one of the UK’s leading wholesalers. Trading for over 55 years, this company has over 27 sites throughout the UK and Ireland therefore they can offer job security in these uncertain times.
Due to business growth, we are currently recruiting for a Branch Assistant to join the friendly and established team on a temporary to permanent basis with an immediate start.
Responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- To keep up to date with all company sales initiatives and promotions.
- Take delivery of goods for unloading, sorting, stacking and storage.
- Process/pick order requests for all stock items for a customer collection and /or delivery from the warehouse.
- Accurately pick orders by processing requests in a timely and orderly manner.
- Check and pack orders for both internal and external customers.
- Serve customers at the trade counter
- Accurately update the internal IT systems.
- Raise quotations for the customer and complete follow up calls to close the order.
- Effectively source and order non-stocked items.
- Undertake driver duties as and when required.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy to ensure a safe working environment.
- To assist in other warehouse functions and processes as and when required.
- Participate in the Company Out of Hours Standby Service on a rostered basis (this includes cover over Bank and Statutory Days Holiday).
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Be aged over 23 (for insurance purposes)
- Full UK driving licence held for at least 1 year and with no more than 6 points (for insurance purposes)
- Forklift Truck Licence (Desirable)
- A good standard of education including maths and English.
- Good telephone manner.
- Experience of working in a similar environment.
- First class customer skills.
- Offer experience working with Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
- The ability to work well in a team.
- Be self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
Our client offers:
- Relevant training.
- Attractive competitive salary.
- Up to 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays (with service).
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- Employee Rewards Platform.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Monday – Friday
0800 – 1700
Temporary basis (first 12 weeks):
INC holiday – £10 per hour *
EXC holiday – £9 per hour
£18000 – £20000 D.O.E per annum
*Holiday must be request by the worker each week by written confirmation on timesheet.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.