Branch Assistant / Van Driver. Cat B. Woking. £24,000 plus bonus. Full Time
Driver Hire is recruiting for a Full Time Branch Assistant. You will be working all aspects of this retail plumbers’ merchant, as well as being the Van Driver (Cat B). Our client needs you to work 5 days per week. Monday to Friday. Plus one Saturday morning in three.
It’s a really friendly, professional environment, where everyone helps each other. You will be equally happy driving the van sometimes, but mostly working on site. Duties are generally “behind the scenes.” Helping to maintain the stock, accepting deliveries and putting everything away, getting orders ready for collection, adding stock to the computer system. Even occasionally answering the phone or serving on the counter.
It’s refreshing to get this sort of variety in your working day.
Not too heavy, but double radiators do take some effort! You will control, sell and deliver a range of plumbing components . . . from taps and pipes, to baths and radiators.
**** Benefits, Hours And Pay for the Branch Assistant ****
- £24,000 per annum
- Bonus up to £1,100
- After a short 3 month temp to perm period
- 28 days paid holiday
- Monday to Friday
- 8am to 5pm
- (1 hour lunch )
- Plus 1 Saturday morning in 3
**** Responsibilities of the Branch Assistant ****
- Perform daily vehicle walk round check of the van
- Assist with loading the vehicle and planning your route
- Ensure products are safely strapped and secure
- Ensure all delivery paperwork is accurately completed and signed
- Answer the phone
- Face to face counter sales with customers
- Stock control
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Possess the flexibility to “go the extra mile” and have a full commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Be physically able to lift, load and put stock away by hand. Hand balling is required
**** Requirements of the Branch Assistant ****
- UK Cat B licence
- No more than 6 minor penalty points
- Verifiable references
**** To Apply ****
- Call Cheryl, Chris, Richard or Phill on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport industry. The network consists of over 100 office nationwide. Driver Hire Guildford is always looking to recruit drivers for temporary, permanent, full time and part time assignments. Call us to discuss the other opportunities we have available. Including Class 1, class 2, 7.5t, Van, HIAB, FLT.