Fantastic opportunity to develop your career. Assistant Branch Manager
Driver Hire is working with a national tool hire company for their site in Guildford to find a new Assistant Branch Manager.
What a great opportunity to develop your career in a supportive branch, with further chances for progression and promotion if wanted.
Great job, with loads of variety. Split between delivery driving and branch-based work. You will deputise for the manager half the time, and deliver tools & equipment the rest. You will be trained in how to maintain machines and equipment, how tool hire trade counter works, and how to manage a small tool hire business.
You will ideally have experience of delivery driving already. If you can tow a trailer that would be even better.
**** Benefits, Hours and Salary ****
- £23,000 to start
- 4 weeks holiday, pension
- Monday to Friday (plus alternate Sat morning)
- Standard 45 hours per week
- Sometimes start at 7.30am, sometimes at 8.30am
**** Responsibilities of the Assistant Manager ****
- Rotate with the manager between unlocking the branch and locking up
- Be pro-active in learning all aspects of the tool hire business
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Interact with the staff and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Take responsibility for ensuring the vehicles are always road worthy
- Load and unload equipment
- Deliver mini diggers, tools and small scaffold towers
- Sometimes you will tow a small trailer
- Deliveries around the South East, down to the coast and into the edge of London
- Assist in the yard, test machinery, work on the trade counter and book jobs
**** Requirements of the Assistant Manager ****
- Cat B licence
- Verifiable references
- Max 3 minor penalty points
- Towing experience required, but not essential
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard, Phill or Cheryl on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- We also have both regular and occasional work in Camberley, Aldershot, Farnborough, Guildford, Woking and Godalming for drivers who have HGV Class 1, HGV Class 2, Cat CE, Cat C, Cat C1, 7.5t, van and car experience.