As an Ambulance Care Assistant your main duties will be to transport non emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments, taking account of any special needs or mobility to ensure their safe transport at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is provided to each patient.
Hours of work – Monday-Friday 2000-0500
Rate of pay – £9.06
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment
- Where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using a carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property
- Full manual UK driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 endorsement points
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients so you must be physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Background Check (Disclosure Baring Service), a formal interview, Highway Code test and a driving assessment.
It is essential that you are confident driving a long wheel based ambulance, and are comfortable travelling to London hospitals to drop off or collect patients.
You will be required to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid which lasts two weeks. You will also complete two weeks of mentoring on the job training with an experienced crew member. You are paid for your training subject to successful completion.
This position will start on 6th April.
If you are interested please call and speak to us on 01233 662280 or apply online with your CV.