Driver Hire Ashford and Canterbury is excited to be working with our multinational client to support their recruitment of Non Emergency Ambulance Drivers.
We are currently seeking a driver to work between 24 and 45 hours per week depending on work availability. You must be able to start in either Ashford, Aylesham or Margate.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant your main duties will be to transport non emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments, taking account of any special needs or mobility to ensure their safe transport at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is provided to each patient.
The position is available on a temporary ongoing basis so ideally we are looking for a candidate who is flexible to work a variety of shifts.
- 0700-2000- £8.46
- 2000-0600 – £9.06
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment
- Where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using a carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 3 endorsement points
- Confident driving in London regularly
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients
- Physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Background Check (Disclosure Baring Service), a formal interview with the client including fitness tests, highway code test and a driving assessment.
It is essential that you are confident driving a long wheel based ambulance.
- You will be required to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
If you are interested please apply online and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch to discuss your application over the next 5-10 working days.