Driver Hire Ashford and Canterbury is excited to be working with our multinational client to support their recruitment of Non Emergency Ambulance Drivers.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant your main duties will be to transport non emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments, taking account of any special needs or mobility to ensure their safe transport at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is provided to each patient.
The hours of work are varied, and we are offering a resilience service to our client covering holiday, sickness and peak times. The position will suit someone who is flexible to work a variety of shifts, and if you are seeking full time work, be available to do other local driving roles with other clients we support in the area. Due to the extensive nature of the training you would need to be able to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
You will need to be able to travel to these at least two of these locations to start work– Ashford, Aylesham and Margate.
- 0 hour contract, a mixture of hours available across depots in East Kent
- Weekday and Weekend work available
- Expected minimum amount of hours offered each week – 16
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment
- Where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using a carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 endorsement points
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients
- Physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair, carrying patients up or down stairs
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Background Check (Disclosure Baring Service), a formal interview with the client including fitness tests, Highway Code test and a driving assessment.
It is essential that you are confident driving a long wheel based ambulance, and are comfortable travelling to London hospitals to drop off or collect patients.
- You will be required to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid. The training lasts three weeks and is paid.
£8.46 per hour between 0600-2000
£9.06 per hour between 2000-0600
If you are interested please apply online and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch to discuss your application over the next 5-10 working days.