Driver Hire Ashford and Canterbury is excited to be working with our multinational client to support their recruitment of Non Emergency Ambulance Drivers.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant your main duties will be to transport non emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments, taking account of any special needs or mobility to ensure their safe transport at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is provided to each patient.
We are currently looking for staff who can work work from 0530-0800 and return to work from 1500-2100 Monday to Friday.
The position will be based in Ashford.
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment
- Where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using a carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 endorsement points
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients
- Physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair, carrying patients up or down stairs
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Background Check (Disclosure Baring Service), a formal interview with the client including fitness tests, Highway Code test and a driving assessment.
It is essential that you are confident driving a long wheel based ambulance, and are comfortable travelling to London hospitals to drop off or collect patients.
You will be required to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid. The training lasts three weeks and is paid.
£8.46 per hour between 0600-2000
£9.06 per hour between 2000-0600
This position is available from 2nd March.
If you are interested please apply online and one of our. dedicated consultants will be in touch to discuss your application over the next 5 working days.