Driver Hire Ashford and Tonbridge is excited to be working with our multinational client to support their recruitment of Non Emergency Ambulance Drivers.
We are currently seeking a full time Patient Transport Ambulance Care Assistant to work in Tonbridge on a 42.5 hour contract.
The position will become permanent after 16 weeks working for Driver Hire.
As an Ambulance Care Assistant your main duties will be to transport non emergency patients to and from hospital and clinic appointments, taking account of any special needs or mobility to ensure their safe transport at all times. You will be responsible for ensuring the highest level of care is provided to each patient.
The hours of work are varied and you will work a mixture of shifts and must be happy to work either 0500-1400, 1000-1900 or 1430-2330.
- 42.5 hours per week
- Every second Saturday required to work with day off in the week
Once established with the client there is several routes available that offer career progression in this industry sector.
- Work as either a driver or attendant in a single person or 2- person ambulance crew
- Assist, move and handle patients, who may be ambulatory or wheelchair bound, using appropriate equipment
- Where necessary e.g. carrying patients up the stairs using a carry chair, moving immobile patients in and out of bed, wheelchairs into and out of the vehicle and on stretchers as necessary
- Minimise and deal with aggressive and abusive behaviour to reduce risks to safety and ensure patient welfare
- Assist patients when entering and leaving their homes and take all reasonable actions to ensure the safety and security of their property
- Full driving license held for a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 endorsement points
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to express empathy
- Duties will involve lifting and moving patients
- Physically able to lift patients with the use of a carry chair
- Ability to work to deadlines, at times under considerable pressure, without compromising standards of performance, calm under pressure
This position will be subject to an Enhanced Background Check (Disclosure Baring Service), a formal interview with the client including fitness tests, Highway Code test and a driving assessment.
It is essential that you are confident driving a long wheel based ambulance.
- You will be required to undergo suitable training including Manual Handling, Risk Assessment, Customer Services, client induction, advanced driving and first aid.
£8.46-9.06 per hour plus holiday and other benefits (these can be discussed over the phone)
If you are interested please apply online and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch to discuss your application over the next 5-10 working days.
This position begins on 3rd February and training will be based in Dartford. Training is also available from 2nd March.
If you would prefer you can also call and speak to us on 01732 770005.