We are currently recruiting a 7.5tonne HGV driver on a temporary to permanent basis for our client based on the outskirts of Billericay.
Our client is the largest hardwood furniture retailer in the UK, they specialise in creating high quality furniture, with stores all around the country. They require a driver who is available immediately to meet with their business demands.
This role involves various domestic deliveries throughout Essex and the surrounding areas. The successful candidate must be mindful that this role will require lifting and could also entail carrying furniture up flights of stairs etc. You would be working alongside a driver’s mate who will assist with deliveries, due to the manual handling involved. You will need to demonstrate excellent teamwork and be physically capable to lift large heavy items.
Role responsibilities include:
- Heavy Lifting
- Delivering products into people’s homes
- Conducting COD (check on delivery) of goods
- Providing ETA’s to customers
- Ensuring signature is obtained at point of delivery
The ideal candidate will be:
- Physically fit
- Flexible with working hours
And the candidate should have:
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent communication; for ETAs and updates to transport department
- Confidence using computers and phones
- Monday to Friday
- Start time: 6am/7am
- Finish time: 4pm/5pm
- Holiday Pay: £9.50 an hour, all hours
- Holiday Pay: £10.64 an hour, all hours
Coronavirus Update- We want to keep everyone safe, so all face-to-face appointments have been put on hold. Please call a member of our team for more information, and to register online!
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.