We are currently looking for a 7.5 T driver to work for a variety of our clients based in Ashford and the surrounding areas.
We work closely with our clients to help them with their temporary or permanent HGV recruitment needs.
While working for Driver Hire you will work for various customers who specialise in some of the following industries – motor, fresh and frozen food, retail and building trade.
We supply drivers for holiday and sickness cover, short and long term contracts and some of these roles can lead to permanent positions for reliable candidates.
• Complete prompt and correct deliveries with the use of delivery notes (obtaining signatures when required)
• Assist with additional duties that may be outside the typical driving role, on or off the customers site
• To keep the vehicle clean at all times and carry out daily checks
• Maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times
• Cat C1 or C licence
• Some commercial driving experience
• Willingness to work as a delivery driver, making multiple drops in the South East area (how many can vary depending on the customer)
• Full PPE and Sat Nav
Hours of work can vary with assignments starting anywhere between 0600 – 0800 each morning.
Ideally you will be able to travel to assignments in Ashford, Canterbury and Folkestone.
Hourly rate £10.00 paid through our DH Umbrella scheme – weekly pay on a Friday. Alternative pay scheme available please ask us about this if you want to know more.
91% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire, the UK’s leading logistics recruiter so if you are interested in knowing more please apply online and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.