Great opportunity! 7.5t driver. Cat C1 driver. Permanent. Petersfield, Hants.
Job available in January 2020
Driver Hire is recruiting for a 7.5t (7.5 tonne) driver to join the team of one of the South’s largest suppliers and distributors of drainage and pipework products. You would be based in Petersfield, and deliver to sites right across the south and south west of England. Most drops are to construction, civil engineering, groundwork or agricultural customers. Drops may be a single length of pipe or large part of a motorway drainage system.
Strapping and load security are vital, so attention to detail is important. The product is generally not especially heavy, but it does require hand-balling on and off the vehicle.
It is a varied role, as part of a friendly and professional team.
The job will start in January 2020.
**** HOURS, SALARY AND BENEFITS ****
- Salary of £22,000 per annum (after a 13 week temp to perm)
- Review after 6 months
- Monday to Friday
- 7.30am to 5.30pm
- 21 days holiday plus Bank holidays
**** RESPONSIBILITIES of the 7.5t Driver ****
- Carry out daily vehicle walk round checks
- Be Health and Safety Focused in all aspects of the role
- Possess the flexibility to “go the extra mile” and have a full commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Assist with loading and unloading. Handballing will be necessary.
- Deliver product anywhere around the south of England (from London to Cornwall)
- Adhere to Drivers’ Hours and Tacho Regulations
**** REQUIREMENTS of the 7.5t Driver ****
- UK driving licence with Cat C1 entitlement
- CPC and Digi tacho cards
- Verifiable work references
- Max 6 minor penalty points
**** TO APPLY ****
- Call Phill, Richard or Chris today on 01252 233000
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport industry. The network consists of over 100 office nationwide. Driver Hire Guildford is always looking to recruit drivers for temporary, permanent, full time and part time assignments. Call us to discuss the other opportunities we have available.