Cat C1. 7.5t Driver. Full Time.
Driver Hire is recruiting for a Cat C1, 7.5 tonne Driver to join an Alton based courier company. Most of the work is bulk deliveries to commercial premises, supermarkets and large stores, driving the 7.5t vehicle. But some would be classic courier parcel deliveries, driving the Sprinter van.
The work can be physically demanding.
This is a Full time, Permanent job, after a successful temp to perm period. Newly qualified HGV Cat C and C1 drivers are also encouraged to apply as attitude and a willingness to work is just as important as experience.
*** HOURS AND PAY ***
- £11.46 per hour after a 10 week temp to perm (PAYE)
- Expect to earn between £25,000 and £27,000 per annum with overtime
- 28 days paid holiday
- Monday to Friday
- 7am start
- Initial 10 weeks paid at £11.20 PAYE (inc holiday money)
- Overtime available on Saturdays as well.
*** RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE 7.5t, CAT C1 DRIVER ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Interact with the work colleagues and members of the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Delivery and collection of bulk packages in a safe manner following company procedures using tail lift vehicles.
- Safe driving of both 7.5t vehicles and 3.5t Sprinter vans
- Some hand balling will also be necessary
- Use the helpful PDA terminal to track deliveries
- Adhere to all Drivers Hours and Working Time Regulations
*** REQUIREMENTS OF THE 7.5t,CAT C1 DRIVER ***
- Cat C1 or 7.5t licence
- CPC card and Digi tacho card
- Verifiable work references
- CV documenting last 5yrs employment
- Address history for last 5 years
- Max 3 minor penalty points
*** TO APPLY ***
- Call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.