Driver Hire is recruiting a 7.5t driver for a very well-respected, national furniture retailer in Guildford. You will actually be working for their distribution depot on the edge of town.
Working in a team of two, you will deliver to around 12 houses per day. Could be a single chair, three piece suite, table or bed. Customer service and attention to detail are key. Everyone wants their new furniture to be delivered in perfect condition. You will also assemble any small parts as necessary (eg screw the legs onto a dining table).
Tuesday to Saturday. 6am start each day. Expect to finish by about 4pm depending on the workload and traffic. Overall it is a 45 hour week. So if you work a long day one day, you’ll be given a shorter one the next day. You may have a day delivering around Brighton, Kingston or Windsor. It is very varied and interesting.
***** Benefits, Hours and Pay of the 7.5t, Cat C1 Driver *****
- £13.84 per hour to start, which includes holiday pay
- £30,500 per annum after a short temp to perm period
- Salary increased to £32,500 after probation
- 28 days paid holiday
- 45 hour week (less 1 hour break per day)
- 6am start
- Tuesday to Saturday
***** Responsibilities of the 7.5t, Cat C1 Driver *****
- Work in a team of 2 to deliver furniture to peoples’ houses
- Be polite and friendly to all customers, staff and other road users. Remembering customer service is key when entering someone’s home
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Adhere to tacho rules and regs
- Drive in a safe and respectful manner
- Load, unload and drive
- Assemble furniture as necessary (eg bed frame, table legs and so on)
***** Requirements of the 7.5t, Cat C1 Driver *****
- UK driving licence with Cat C1 entitlement
- CPC and Digi tacho cards
- Verifiable work references
- Max 6 minor penalty points
- Willingness to drive and assist with manual handling
**** To Apply ****
- Call Cheryl, Phill, Chris or Richard on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport industry. The network consists of over 100 offices nationwide. Driver Hire Guildford is always looking to recruit drivers for temporary, permanent, full time and part time assignments. Call us to discuss the other opportunities we have available. Including HGV Class 1, Class 2, 7.5t, Van, HIAB, FLT.