Seeking permanent work starting out of Witham?
Are you an experienced 7.5t driver?
Enjoy long distance work?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to speak to you!
We are currently recruiting for a 7.5tonne HGV driver for our client based in Witham on a permanent basis.
Our client has specialised in manufacturing timber alternative sash window products for over 30 years, with some members of the team having worked for our client for over 20 years!
This role involves carefully delivering our clients products throughout the UK.
As well as including London, you will also be required to deliver as far as Scotland, and Cornwall – with this you must be comfortable with overnight stays as this can be up to 2 times per week.
Role responsibilities include:
· Heavy Lifting
· Inspecting windows prior to delivery
· Booking own hotel on nights out (allowance provided)
· Providing ETA’s to customers
· Clocking in and out on works mobile provided
· Ensuring signature is obtained at point of delivery
· Keeping receipts for all purchases (such as hotel, food, and fuel)
· Work mobile
· Sat Nav
· Company fuel card (for company vehicles only)
· Corporate card (for purpose of booking of booking hotels)
· Full PPE
· 20 days holiday + BH (up to 5 days taken over Christmas period of which will be pre allocated)
· Access to tea and coffee on site
The ideal candidate will be:
· Physically fit
· Flexible with working hours and overnight stays
· 25 or over and no more than 3 points on licence (for insurance purposes)
And the candidate should have:
· Good customer service skills
· Excellent communication; for ETAs and updates to transport department
· Confidence using computers and phones
· Monday to Friday – 0700 – 1600 (flexibility for start times required)
· Temporary basis: £9.25 an hour basic pay, £14.00 an hour overtime & night rate / night out allowance paid
· Permanent basis: £20,000 per annum (monthly pay) + attendance bonus (up to £100 per month) + Overtime
Interview process: With the current situation our client will be hosting the interview via zoom.
Coronavirus Update- We want to keep everyone safe, so all face to face appointments have been put on hold. Please call a member of our team for more information, and to register online!
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.