Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are seeking to recruit C1 / 7.5t drivers to support our client based in Highbridge on a weekly basis.
Our client is part of the Pallet network delivering palletised items to sites on set routes throughout Somerset. They are currently experiencing high increase in volumes and forecast this to continue throughout the year.
Key responsibilities are:
- To carryout safe delivery of products to sites on a set route throughout Somerset.
- To assist with unloading of the vehicle, mainly done with Fork lift although there is an element of manual handling
- Drive and observe all regulations associated with the Transported industry
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and reporting any defects to the duty manager
- Complete accurately all Proof of Deliveries (POD) and hand into the Traffic office at the end of the shift
- Keep in contact with the Traffic Office during the shift, reporting any delays
As a C1 / 7.5t Driver you will have:
- A valid UK C1 licence with no more than 6 penalty points for minor offences
- An up to date CPC driver qualification card & digital tachograph card
- Due to Insurance restrictions, No DD, DR or IN offences can be accepted
- To be able to demonstrate experience in Commercial driving doing up to 10 deliveries & collections in a shift
- You will have direct contact with their clients so will need to be able to demonstrate good Customer Service skills
Pay & Hours of Work:
- Pay rates are from £10.00 per hour (PAYE)
- Start times from 07.30 hrs, finish times will vary from 17.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs
- Working week is Monday to Friday
- Wages paid weekly
- Holiday accrued from the first shift
- Pension contributions paid after qualifying period
These role have an immediate start.
Full induction is provided to cover delivery practices, health & safety, fuel cards, communications
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register