7.5 tonne driver – Immediate Start – Temp to Perm
SALARY: £9.25 – £11.81 PER HOUR (Dependent on pay models)
Immediate starts available for HGV 7.5 Tonne drivers looking for a temp to perm position at our white goods distributor in Barnsley. The average shift will be 10 hours with anywhere up to 25 drops per shift. Delivery areas cover up to a 2 hour driving radius of the Barnsley depot. Typical start time will be 06.00. Drivers mates accompany drivers to assist with fitting electrical white goods.
- Safe loading and unloading of products, adhering to company’s Health & Safety procedures
- Ensure sufficient security of load to the vehicle before and during transit
- Complying with driving legislation
- Maintain a quality driven service at all times
- Complying with Company Policies and Procedures
As a competent truck driver, you will have the relevant HGV C1 licence, along with full Driver CPC and Digi Tacho card, plus:
- No more than 6 points on your licence for minor offences
- An understanding of drivers hours and regs
What we do for you:
- Driver Hire Doncaster is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
- We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Doncaster and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2020), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (64%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
- If you feel you fit the criteria for this position or would like to learn more about some of the other roles we’re recruiting for, get in touch. Send your details by clicking apply or give the driving team a call on 01302 639881for more information.