We are looking for candidates who can drive up to 7.5 tonne (Cat C1) lorry for our client based in Wellington. Our client is a leading manufacturer of packaging products supplying to the food and health sectors to sites across the South West.
Full training / inductions on procedures will provided by our client.
Key responsibilities to include:
- On time deliveries of product to destinations as per scheduled route.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork and returned to the client at the end of the shift.
- To ensure that the vehicle is driven in accordance with the Highway code and other road users.
- It is essential that all vehicle checks are completed prior to you leaving the clients premises for your first delivery, any defects recorded and reported.
- Communicate with the client any delays or delivery issues as and when they occur.
You must have / be able:
- A valid Cat C1 licence with up to date CPC qualification and Digital tachograph card.
- No more than 6 points for minor offences
- No DD, DR or IN convictions for insurance purposes only.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to integrate into different companies and be customer orientated.
- Good geographical knowledge of the South West.
Pay & Hours of work:
- Start times vary from as early as 06.00 hrs usually with job till finish (Monday to Friday)
- Pay rates from £9.30 per hour to £11.62 per hour
- Wages are paid on a weekly basis all PAYE
- Holiday accrued from your first shift (Pro rata)
- Pension provided after qualifying period
What we can offer:
- Regular work to suit your availability
- Minimum of 8 hours guaranteed per shift
- Family run business with experienced & respectful recruiters
- To be part of our team.
To apply, call 01823 332100 to arrange to register on line or make an appointment to call into the office to register. Due to Covid 19 restrictions all candidates visiting our office must comply with government advice, face mask must be worn (these can be provided)
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport & logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work throughout Somerset from our office in Taunton. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.