Driver Hire are looking to recruit 3.5t Luton Drivers for a permanent position, delivering mobility products/ furniture to residential homes with home delivery drivers/ engineers working on their own or as a two man team.
Start times between 3.00 to 7.00am delivering items throughout the UK into residential homes, unwrap the items and let the customer check/sign all paperwork, full demonstrationist required. Mobile phone will be provided as some customers may need a call 30-60 minutes before the delivery. This is a physically demanding job, the starting times can be as early as 3:00am and the finish time varies pending on the start time/location.
All training will be provided on the job, you will be required to complete a minimum of 6-month probationary period
- Overnights are a must which will be planned and hotel booked.
**** Maximum 3 night away per week and overtime maybe required. ****
£8.91 – With a view to increase after successful probation period.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Driving 3.5 ton Vans
- Loading & Unloading Vans.
- Calling customers prior to arrival.
- Unpacking Mobility Product/ furniture items and assembling in customers homes,
- Completing a full demonstration for the customer
- Removing all packaging.
- Diagnosing and repairing all mobility products
- Taking some cash payments.
- Carrying out vehicle checks daily and weekly – reporting any faults to the office.
- Taking the vehicle home and keeping it clean/tidy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Driving experience – 3 years
- Excellent customer service skill
- Home delivery experience ideal but not essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, 50-60hrs per week
Please contact Kirsty 01422 361999 – Driver Hire Office: 08:00-4:30pm Mon-Fri