Driver Hire Reading are currently recruiting 2 x Welders on a Temp to Perm for our customer based in Reading. Our customer is the UK’s premier manufacturer, supplier and installer of temporary fencing.
We are looking to recruit 2 x Welders to join our Reading site. You will be a key link to the depot by being responsible for processing instructions received from the Depot Supervisor as requested, ensuring quality, safety, security, and minimising wastage.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manufacture steel fence components and gates
- Able to fabricate using all tools: saws, grinders, punch machines
- MIG welding and repairing mesh fencing to company specifications
- Operating welding equipment and tools safely and efficiently
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and schematics to ensure accurate assembly of products
- Maintaining equipment, tools, and a clean and organized work area
- Adhering to safety guidelines and wearing appropriate protective gear
- Reporting any issues or malfunctions to the supervisor
- Monitor all welding processes and ensure absence of any shrinkage and distortion to materials.
- Ensure sound weld joints and good cosmetic finish.
- Sanding \ Grinding components or assemblies to remove splatter, and to ensure the optimal fit of components for onward finishing
- Able to use measuring equipment
- Prior experience as a welder preferred
- Knowledge of welding techniques and equipment, in particular MIG welding
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematic diagrams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with precision
- Dependable, punctual, and able to work well in a team
- Availability to work overtime as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay rate whilst on Temp to Perm: £12.50 per hour (inclusive of holiday pay)
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday – 6am starts
- Overtime available
- MIG welding: 1 year (preferred)
- Fabrication: 1 year (preferred)
If you are interested in this role then please apply ASAP.