Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are seeking to recruit 2 x Class 1 / C+E drivers for our client based in Langport, Somerset. Our client is a family owned business with bases across the UK, supplying animal feed to the beef, dairy, sheep and poultry market. As a key leader in the specialist feed field, our client works with their customers to deliver a nutritional feed to produce the best quality of products.
Due to successful trading an opportunity has arisen for 2 x Class 1/C+E drivers to join the team based in Langport, Somerset.
Reporting to the Site Manager, as a Class 1 driver you will be responsible for:
- The accurate & safe delivery of animal feed in to hoppers using the blower to farms on set routes
- That all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to whilst on farms
- The vehicles are driven in a safe manner and in line with all Transport related legislation to include Driver hours, tacho rules & RTD
- Completion of all Proof of Delivery documents
- Vehicle checks being carried out on a daily basis, with any defects reported to the Site Manager
As a professional driver, you will have:
- A valid UK C+E driving licence, ideally clean or with no more than 3 penalty points for minor offences
- An up to date CPC driver qualification card & digital tachograph card
- Operated a blower, although not essential as training can be provided
- A background in delivering to farms is desirable
Hours of work & Wages:
- Start times will vary from 04.00 hrs – 06.00 hrs depending on daily route
- You will work a 4 out 7 days rota
- Starting salary £34,000k per annum
- Pension contributions from the first day
- 24 days holiday per annum
- Free car parking
These roles have an immediate start with the company.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 332100 for further details