IT Systems Developer – Bradford
It is an exciting opportunity to work on our systems and solutions that are both developed and supported in house using a variety of different languages and platforms.
As a new IT Systems Developer, you will play a key role in developing and maintaining a multitude of bespoke IT systems from a driving licence checking website with over 1000 users to a candidate and client recruitment application used by the entire Driver Hire network of over 100 offices.
What does the role involve?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Working to software development and coding standards
- Providing operational support to systems developed by the in-house development team
- Proposing and defining technical solutions as required
- Bug diagnosis and defect resolution
- Documenting source code to contribute to internal knowledge base
- Engaging with peer review process and enforcing coding standards within the development team
- Engaging in Agile development process and contributing to all Scrum meetings
- Providing support to testers as needed
What do you need to be successful?
Having worked as part a development team, you will be comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, gathering requirements and turning them into technical solutions.
Your success in this role will be based on the following knowledge and skills:
- Confidence and proficiency in Web and Desktop Application Development
- Knowledge of Agile/ Scrum methodologies, MS Office, Telerik / 3rd Party Control, Source Control System
- Experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Issue tracking systems, HTML and working to defined coding and architectural standards
- Hold a relevant IT Degree (or equivalent qualifications/ experience)
It would be advantageous for you to have experience/ knowledge of the following:
- MVC, .NET Core, jQuery, Web Forms, Cosmos DB/ Mongo, Active Directory, IIS, Cross Browser Compatibility, RESTFful API design
- Azure DevOps, Azure Portal/ SaaS products
- Some exposure to Control Libraries, Terminal Services, Remote desktop and App
- Working with and updating issue tracking software
Why work for Driver Hire?
You can expect an attractive rewards package including:
- A competitive salary – up to £40,000 per annum DOE
- Healthcare scheme
- 33 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible ‘hybrid’ working including both home- and office-based working
- Free parking
- Dress-down Fridays
- An extra paid day off on your birthday
- An optional paid day off every year to volunteer in your local community
Plus, a friendly working environment in a Company that is committed to helping you develop your career.
Our staff are important to us, so we regularly benchmark ourselves against our competitors. In our most recent staff survey (December 2020), 96% stated they are ‘proud’ or ‘very proud’ to work for Driver Hire. In 2018 we ranked 43rd in the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for medium-sized companies, and in 2019 we were named bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year.
So, if you believe that this role is for you, please apply today!
We will review all applications and you will be contacted within 14 days of your application if you have been shortlisted.
Click here for main site