IT Infrastructure Engineer – Bradford
The IT Department at Driver Hire is very unique. All systems and solutions are both developed and supported in house using a variety of different languages and platforms. Your role as an IT Infrastructure Engineer will see you working alongside the other 3 members of the IT Support team assisting with IT systems and software as well as managing technical infrastructure.
What does the role involve?
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- ownership of the technical infrastructure of the business, resolving any technical problems on a day to day basis
- managing internal infrastructure to support customer services
- creating, implementing and maintaining effective strategies for Disaster Recovery, Back Ups, Maintenance, Software Licensing and Network Security & Integrity across the entire Driver Hire Network
- network and equipment management: VLAN/VPN configuration, access control, Firewalls and VPN, analysing networks, and core connectivity
- Provide 2nd / 3rd line telephone support
- providing on-site support and training for all DH IT systems as required
- maintaining a helpdesk database ensuring all inbound calls are logged and responded to promptly
- creating and updating documented procedures for all bespoke systems and software
- daily and routine administration procedures
What do you need to be successful?
A key part of your success in this role will be your:
- proven track record of providing 2nd and 3rd line remote IT Support to internal and external customers
- good knowledge and experience of administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the IT systems and software, including Microsoft core services, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHC
- understanding of networks and VPN systems
- excellent time management and organisation skills
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- determination and passion to excel in your role
- ‘can-do’ attitude
- strong analytical and problem solving skills
Training on our bespoke systems will be provided, and in-depth knowledge of MS Office and Windows is essential.
Why work for Driver Hire?
You can expect an attractive rewards package including:
- salary £28,000- £33,000 p.a.
- healthcare scheme (post-probation)
- 33 days of holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- free parking
- an extra paid day off on your birthday
- an optional paid day off every year to volunteer in your local community,
Plus, a friendly working environment in a Company that is committed to helping you develop your career.
Our staff are important to us, so we regularly benchmark ourselves against our competitors. In a recent survey 99% of our internal staff say they are proud to work for Driver Hire, with 96% of our drivers agreeing. In 2018 we ranked 43rd in the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for medium-sized companies and are the current bfa HSBC Franchisor of the Year.
So, if you believe that this role is for you, please apply today.
We will review all applications and you will be contacted within 14 days of your application if you have been shortlisted.
Click here for main site