Professional appointments in the transport & logistics sector
Successful recruitment of managerial and professional staff is time consuming and can be very costly.
In fact, in 2003 the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) calculated that taking into account the direct and indirect costs of recruitment, the average cost of recruiting a manager was over £5500.
This analysis includes activity such as:
- Preparing job details
- Writing an advertisement
- Cost of advertising
- Liaising with newspapers / Job Centre
- Reviewing applications
- Conducting interviews
- Possible repeat of process if response rate is unsatisfactory
- Competence tests, licence checks, taking up references etc.
Driver Hire has many years’ experience in finding and recruiting the right candidates for a wide range of professional roles in the transport and logistics sector.
We can save you significant amounts of time and money.
We can help you recruit for a wide range of professional and managerial roles
Typical assignments include:
- Transport / Logistics Managers
- Depot / Hub Managers
- Area Sales Managers
- Transport Engineers
- Operations Managers
- HSE Managers
We also offer a full ‘search and selection’ service – please ask for details
The service we provide
When you use our professional appointments service, we assign an experienced consultant to act as your Account Manager throughout the recruitment process.
Professional appointments recruitment process:
1 Take a full job brief and ‘person specification’
– Including details of role, type of person etc.
2 Search our extensive database for suitable candidates
3 Advertise (as appropriate)
4 Interview and reference all candidates (and carry out competence assessments, licence and medical history checks etc as appropriate, all to ISO 9001 standards)
5 Match candidates to your specific requirements and provide you with a written short list
6 Brief candidates about the job, ensuring their interest and commitment
7 Arrange an interview programme at a time to suit you
8 Liaise between you and each candidate through to job offer, acceptance and commencement on your payroll
Our tried and tested process will help you find your ideal candidate.
- Responsive and cost-effective recruitment backed up by generous guarantees
- An experienced account manager who understands the logistics sector
- Access where appropriate to a local office with local candidates ensuring a fast response
- Extensive nationwide database of quality assured candidates
- Effective use of internet job boards to ensure the widest candidate audience
- No success, no fee
Quality without compromise
Full regulatory compliance and total quality control is at the root of everything we do. All of our business processes are designed to help us maintain the highest standards. For example:
- IT systems that allow us to actively manage our drivers’ working hours and ensure that tachographs are correctly used and returned on time
- Regular office audits, customer surveys, and a dedicated compliance department
- Candidate selection processes including thorough referencing and licence checks, face-to-face interviews and a 150-point skills assessment for all drivers
- Team of Area Development Managers – helping to ensure nationwide standards
When you work with Driver Hire, you can be confident that we will work to the same exacting standards as your own.