Driver Hire Christmas Quiz
Top of page
What better way to kick off the festive season than with some Christmas trivia?
Do you know the answers to the questions below? Have a guess then scroll down to the bottom of this page for the answers.
- How many ‘sorry we missed you’ cards are put through our letterboxes by parcel delivery companies every year in the UK
- Typically, how much road salt can a gritter carry?
- What’s special about the way you should travel to Christmas mass?
- How many Christmas cards are sent in the UK each year?
- Councils across the UK are stocking up on road salt in preparation for the coming winter – how much in total have they put aside for England and Wales?
- What do turkeys and London taxi drivers have in common?
See below for the answers...
A1. There are an estimated 50 million ‘you were out’ cards posted through letterboxes every year.
A2. A fully loaded gritter can typically carry up to 7 tonnes!
A3. According to the Holy Days and Fasting Days Act of 1551, everyone must attend church on Christmas Day on foot.
A4. Over 1.8 billion Christmas cards are sent annually in the UK.
A5. There are 1.3m tonnes of road salt set aside by councils in England and Wales as they prepare for the winter. That’s enough to fill almost 400 Olympic-sized swimming pools!
A6. A canny ability for remembering things! Turkeys have excellent geography skills and can learn the specific details of an area of more than 1,000 acres.