Driver's Negligence Insurance for Cars
Top of page
Making sure you’ve got it covered
When you hire a driver from Driver Hire, our highly selective recruitment process means your risks are kept to a minimum. All the same, we recognise that having some extra cover in place can help to put you (and your customer’s) minds at ease, so should something happen your money is protected.
That’s why we’ve introduced a unique level of insurance cover for our customers whose business or service involves the movement of cars. When you choose to take up our Driver’s Negligence Insurance cover option, you’re covered for up to £5,000* worth of damage to the vehicle.
Peace of mind
We only select the best candidates to drive for us, and put every driving candidate through a 150-point skills assessment, including a validation of all licences and a detailed accident history check. Our insurance provider also stipulates the following requirements as a condition of cover:
- The driver must be aged 23 or over, and
- Hold a valid Driving Licence with no unspent endorsements**, and
- Have held an appropriate driving licence for the class of vehicle for more than 2 years, and
- Have more than 6 months appropriate driving experience in the past 24 months
What this means is that with Driver Hire, you’re protected at every level.
Benefits to you
- Unique level of cover from Driver Hire
- Peace of mind
- Vehicle cover for up to £5,000*
- Quality assured staff, fully assessed, referenced and briefed
Please contact your local Driver Hire Office for more details.
- *Please note that an excess of £750 applies for any claims made
- **Exceptions to driver’s unspent endorsements are as follows; for any SP or TS offence code of CU30, CU80 offences and/or parking offences to a maximum of 9 penalty points
- Customers are not covered until the relevant agreement forms have been completed and approved
- Driver’s must be fully insured to drive the vehicle by the customer’s own motor insurance company in compliance with the Road Traffic Act 1988
- Cover is only available for the vehicle and does not include any equipment used by the driver i.e. satellite navigation systems
- In the event of a claim, the maximum amount payable relating to the total loss or destruction of the vehicle shall be the market value, immediately prior to such loss or destruction but not exceeding in total the limit referred to above