Main Navigation

New Connection

By: Dave Robbins
24 August 2017

Based in Shildon, County Durham, Connection Retail is the parent company of Direct Wood Flooring, Flooring Superstore and Grass Direct. As the fastest growing suppliers of wood flooring, carpets and artificial grass, Connection Retail pride themselves on the ability to deliver high quality products at affordable prices for both trade and public markets.

The company have recently expanded their services from online only, opening a chain of stores throughout the UK. With branches in Birtley, Bracknell, Thurrock, Coventry, York and Havant and depots in Grangemouth, Daventry, Luton, Northampton and Bristol as well as its Durham head office, their UK presence continues to grow and thrive. 

Connection Retail have had a long-standing relationship with Driver Hire but were also using other temporary labour suppliers. However, as the business continued to expand and the number of depots grew, they decided that to improve efficiency and ease of supply, they’d prefer to work with just one agency. Following a tendering process they appointed Driver Hire as their temporary labour supplier of choice.

“Working with one national supplier is so much easier,” says Dan Foskett, Managing Director. “With Driver Hire we’ve reduced the amount of paperwork and, because we use their automated bookings system, our depots can book drivers online. At the same time, because of Driver Hire’s nationwide network, each of our depots maintain a close working relationship with their local Driver Hire office.”

Driver Hire’s National Accounts manager, Sarah Brennan added: “We’re delighted to be working even more closely with Connection Retail. The work is pretty physical and requires drivers who are both physically fit and have good customer relationship skills. We supply van drivers and mates to cover, primarily, peaks and troughs in demand. In addition, when Connection Retail open a new depot, initially they use 100% temps. At the moment we’re supplying around 80% of their temporary driver requirement with the remaining 20% transitioning to us over the course of this year.” 
 
 
 

 
Top of page