Training with Driver Hire
We understand that many drivers want to increase their skills either to earn more money or to gain greater variety in their work. We are prepared to support drivers by helping to
- Identify a suitable training provider
- Fund the training – we recognise that drivers may not have enough cash to pay up front for their training
Our priorities change from time to time but it is always worth asking us about specific training if it is not shown on the list. We have helped drivers to acquire their ADR qualification in the past.
Our current priorities are for:
- Class 1 (Cat C+E)
- Class 2 (Cat C)
We need, as a priority, a number of drivers / operators of lorry mounted cranes. These will primarily be Cat C but we also require Cat C + E licences for various contracts that we hold.
The arrangements that we have are:
- Fixed commitment: we will pay for 75% of the training, in exchange for which, we require a commitment from you to work for us for a fixed period of time. You will sign an agreement to say that you will refund us the amount of the training that we have funded if you decide to leave. We are flexible in how to repay the 25% of the training and we can agree this.
- Refund commitment: we will pay for the training up front and we will take the amount of the training back from you in equal instalments. You will have no commitment to us and can leave without penalty once the cost of the training has been repaid.
You will need to have held your (Class 1 or 2) licence for at least 12 months and had 12 months’ driving experience. You will also need a valid digicard and Driver Qualification Card (CPC).
In all cases, you retain the certificate and we only ask for a copy.
Class 1 (Cat C+E)
We recognise that a number of Class 2 (Cat C) drivers wish to move up to Class 1. In this case, we are happy to fund 50% of the training with you providing the remaining 50%. We ask that you repay the 50% that we fund over a number of weeks and that you work for us for 3 months. You will need to fund the cost of CPC and digital tachograph card (as required).
Class 2 (Cat C)
We recognise that a number of Van and 7.5t drivers may wish to upskill to Class 2. In this case, we are happy to fund 50% of the training with you providing the remaining 50%. We ask that you repay the 50% that we fund over a number of weeks and that you work for us for 3 months. You will need to fund the cost of CPC and digital tachograph card (as required).
Terms & Conditions
We have various terms & conditions if we fund your training:
That you repay any outstanding amounts if you decide to leave
- You sign an agreement with us
- You undertake to complete any work for us
- You maintain your licences whilst working for us
Please call us on 024 7635 4100 for full details of the conditions.
If you are interested in any of the training schemes above, please feel free to come to discuss your training plans or call us on 024 7635 4100.
Please note that this offer is only available from Driver Hire Coventry and Tamworth and not from other Driver Hire offices.