Driver Hire has expanded its operations into Perth, Western Australia and we are now looking to recruit professional and experienced Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanics who are ready for an exciting experience ‘Down Under’.
Heavy Vehicle Diesel Mechanics are on Australia’s skills shortage list and long-term visas can be granted. However, if you are aged between 18 and 30 perhaps the best and quickest route is the 417 holiday visa which can be granted in 48 hours (online application). We could use this visa to place you in work (for up to 6 months) and then the client can sponsor you on a 457 visa, to work for up to 4 years.
For mechanics aged over 30, it is possible to apply for a 457 visa but the process is likely to take some time.
Click here to register your interest
To diagnose, repair and maintain trucks, trailing and equipment whilst ensuring work is completed safely and to a high standard.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Routine maintenance of a vehicle fleet
· Diagnosis and repair of trucks and trailing
· Equipment and workshop maintenance
· Forklift duties
· Ensure safe work environment
· Record and maintain stock records and movement of spare parts
· Assist in fabrication and planning if required
· Work closely and cooperatively with trades people and assistants
· Use of welding, hand and machine tools
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
· Ability to work independently or with others
· High degree of finish on completed work
· Be able to meet reasonable time deadlines
· Ability to perform various physical tasks
· Commitment to safe work practices
· Creative problem solving
· Demonstrate effective time keeping and organization
· Diesel mechanic trade certificate
· Knowledge of trucks, trailing and relevant equipment
· Forklift ticket
· Experience in transport industry